Track n Trail Rules
All riders must read and adhere to the rules
If an event is cancelled or postponed we will roll your entry fee over to another event of your choice.
Once you have booked and paid we are unable to refund your ticket for any reason except if you have COVID.
If you do have COVID we will refund your entry less booking fees, once you have sent us a copy of your positive PCR test result.
If, once you have booked you find you are unable to attend and have a valid reason, providing you give at least 3 days notice we may be able to roll your entry fee over to a future event.
If you simply don't turn up for event please do not ask for a rollover or a refund it’s just not going to happen.
All requests need to be made by email.
Outside of the track
- Strictly no riding outside the track or pit area (even with the engine off)
- Do not leave any litter behind, anyone caught littering will be banned
- You must always park your vehicles where an official has asked you to
- Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times at an event
- Always check that overnight camping is permitted before setting off to do so
- Dogs must be on a lead at ALL times at an event venue, at certain venues dogs are prohibited
- Abuse to any official or marshal will not be tolerated
- Any vehicle bringing a motorcycle or fuel ect. to the event must carry their own fire extinguisher
- Any spectators or support crew must stay in the parking area and keep a safe distance from the track
Track and Pit Area
Only riders are allowed in the pit area/holding area.
- Any tyres are permitted at our events unless stipulated otherwise
- It is the rider’s responsibilities to maintain and silence his/her exhaust levels to 94db or under
- If bikes become too noisy within the event duration the bike will be removed from the track
- Strictly no refueling with engine running
- Fuelling is only allowed in the Pit area with bikes parked on an environmental mat.
- The blue roped/taped area means walking pace, fuel area etc
- Walking Pace when crossing any right of way
- All riders must wear the minimum of helmet, bearing the ACU gold or silver stamp in sound condition, boots, & goggles
- Helmets must be securely fastened at all times
- Riders must sign on before partaking
- Riding outside of the marked course is not allowed unless instructed by an official member of Track n Trail staff
- Never ride against oncoming traffic
- Abusive, aggressive or violent behaviour to other riders or officials is strictly prohibited and will result in exclusion from the day
- Faster riders must not be abusive to pass slower riders as this causes accidents and intimidation
- Slower riders should hold their line and leave room, when possible, for faster riders to overtake safely
- Tear-offs are strictly prohibited, we recommend roll-offs
- Riding through the course markings, i.e. stakes and tape will result in in exclusion from the event.
- No stopping on the racetrack, if you need to stop pull right off the track completely (fast riders could run into you). Please, keep the track clear at all times
- Any injuries should be reported to the race control or first aid staff
- We recommend that you book your place online through our website in advance of the event to avoid disappointment (most of our events fill up before the day of the event) however, if we have spaces available we will take day entries but this is not a guarantee
- If you are wanting to cancel it must be done before the no- cancellations period, this is always the three days before the event. If you make a cancellation after the Thursday before the event, or you fail to turn up at the event, you will run the risk of not being able to enter for future events
- We only run events if the weather permits it. If we have to cancel or postpone an event we try to give as much notice as possible this normal is announced on the Friday before the event. However always check our website before leaving on Sunday morning
- Final instructions, which will give you directions, start times and any other event information you will need, are normally sent out by email on the Friday before the event
- At signing on you will be given a wristband these should be fitted to your helmet on the chin protector and visible.
No Pit bikes
Tyres - Any tyres will be permitted at our events unless stipulated otherwise
Exhaust - Noise levels must be to 94db or under
Kill Switch - Fitted, condition, operational
Throttle - Check operation has a smooth action and a spring return
Steering - Check handlebars, grips, levers for security and those levers have ball ends. Check steering head bearings using front brake (slight play allowed) always check that handle bar ends are covered
Brakes - Both front and rear brakes must be functional and all parts secured and locking pins in place
Suspension - No obvious oil leaks, broken springs or suspension parts and mountings that could be dangerous
Clothing and equipment
All Riders Must:
- Wear a helmet bearing the ACU gold or silver stamp in sound condition
- Off-road motorcycle specific boots
- Knee pads/braces (not compulsory but strongly recommended)
- Wear motorcycle goggles (not compulsory but strongly recommended)
We recommend riders also wear:
- Body armour
- Chest roost guards
- Elbow pads